- Seive flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl till they are creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and egg and continue beating.
- Now add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder mixture and mix till well blended.
- Fit a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle and put in the above mixture.
- Pressing lightly pipe out small amount of the mixture on a baking tray (no need to grease the tray). Keep space between each cookie.
- Place a small piece of cherry or a chocolate chip on each star. (optional).
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.