Another favourite snack. I learnt to prepare Khaman Dhokla in the microwave at the 'Microwave Cooking Class', that I attended last year. This is one of the many yummy and quick recipes that I got to learn there.
- Take gramflour in a bowl. Add beaten yogurt and warm water. Whisk nicely so that no lumps remain. The mixture should be of a slightly thick consistency. Add salt and leave it covered to ferment for three to four hours.
- Grind green chillies and ginger into a paste.
- When the gramflour and yogurt mixture has fermented, add ground chillies and ginger. Add turmeric powder and check seasoning.
- rease dhokla mould with a little oil. In a small bowl take baking soda, one teaspoon of oil and lemon juice. Mix and add to the gramflour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased mould and cook in MICRO HI mode for 4-5 minutes. Take out from microwave oven.
- In a small microwave proof bowl put oil and all the ingredients for tempering. Cook in MICRO HI mode for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and sugar and further cook in MIRCO HI mode for 1 minute.
- Immediately pour over the dhokla.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut and coriander leaves. Serve.